Cassidy Wines Marketing, Details and Communication
Cassidy Wines is certainly a wine wholesaler and importer. This can be a limited firm within the exclusive sector. The company was founded by Kevin Cassidy in 1977. It continues to be a family run business and is managed today by Neil Cassidy. There happen to be more than 50 employees. Their head office is at Citywest Organization Campus in Dublin.
As well as providing wines and spirits to restaurants, the bar trade and off-licences around the country, the company offers wines education and client tasting sessions. A lot of their winemakers from all over the world visit to share their interest and visions for future years. There is a team of revenue executives who assist buyers in creating the right wine list because of their businesses.
The company straight imports wines from across the world and has established various partnerships to source different and exciting wines, most recently the wines of Domaine Wachau in Austria, Vignobles Lorgeril from the south of France and Emilio Moro Bodegas from Spain. The company has got ensured that it will keep up to date with the varying patterns in the wine sector and the changing wine list presentations.
Departments within Cassidy Wines
Information and Communications Technology Department
This department plans, operates and supports the company’s ICT infrastructure, allowing users to handle their roles efficiently, productively and securely. They work with the business executives to develop a strategy that helps Cassidy Wines’ business goals. The ICT department permits efficient and high quickness communications. Email, teleconferencing and videoconferencing allow employees to stay in touch with wineries around the world. Two key functions of this department are the following:
- The ICT group develops tools to store, take care of and distribute info to workers who need access to the latest information to make decisions about financial and operational concerns. Data bases are also used to store worker files and financial files.
- The ICT team defends the ICT infrastructure from cyber-attacks and viruses. Attacks on the infrastructure can avoid the company undertaking it’s day-to-day operations which then impacts customer service. Data leaks can cause the increased loss of confidential data.
This department has general responsibility for growing revenue, increasing market talk about and adding to company expansion and profitability. They set marketing strategy in line with overall company strategy. Also, they are responsible for market research which helps the business identify market prospects and gain a better understanding of customer needs. The advertising department works together with their winemakers to develop new wine ideas. In addition they plan campaigns and develop communications resources to promote services and products. Two key functions of this department are as follows:
- The marketing crew is accountable for creating images, messages and ideas that very best communicate the brand ideals. The crew have created the photograph of Cassidy Wines to be a safe, solid, reliable family-run business which is normally forty years old this season.
- The marketing staff is accountable for communicating to customers, after they learn about the company, why they need to acquire the goods and making certain the company receives repeat business.
Human Resources Department
This department handles all the departments in the company to make sure that employment policies are developed. It looks after the recruitment of the right people for the proper jobs. They provide training to permit the employees to handle their duties properly and productively. They also provide ongoing training to increase their potential. Their function is to acquire, develop and continue to keep a talented workforce. They are in charge of managing the worker payroll. They also deal with grievance and disciplinary matters. Two key functions of this department are mainly because follow:
- The HR team deals with negotiations over pay, conditions and redundancy methods. They manage employee relations and can liaise with the management and the union in cases where a dispute may come up. They must make sure that there are equal options for all staff.
- The HR workforce has responsibility for providing a safe workplace. They offer training to employees in all aspects of health and safety. They are accountable for the repair of the plant and equipment in the bonded warehouse facility at Citywest Organization Campus. They must prevent any inappropriate behaviour which might put staff members at risk.
This department manages the financial record keeping of most transactions involving funds. It prepares profits statements, stability sheet and cash flow statements. It prepares the final accounts for end of season which are essential for the Income Commissioners for tax needs. It operates the payroll program. It prepares management accounting facts and analysis to greatly help managers approach, control and make the right decisions. Two of the key functions are as follows:
- The Finance team ensures that the payroll function runs smoothly and that all employees obtain accurate payments on time. They must also determine the correct tax and pay it to the Earnings Commissioners within the appropriate time frame.
- The Finance team must have procedures in place to ensure compliance with government regulations. The must also have in place systems to avoid error, theft or fraud.
Administration Capabilities of an Office
The administrative function gives support in every area of a organization to ensure the efficient performance of all departments within an organisation. It keeps an efficient communication channel open plant cellular respiration, hence everyone is informed of any innovative changes and the way the change may influence the organisation.
The administrative function is definitely responsible for looking after data in the company. This includes the collection and storage space of data. The info must be processed and stored so as to make it attainable to whoever needs the information at short notice to handle their duties in an efficient manner.
The administrative function looks after the general correspondence of the office, handling mail, keeping information, filing, copying and duplicating. In addition, it must maintain the equipment that facilitate these duties.
An office requires different pieces of equipment in order to perform these tasks, for instance:
- The computer stores the info of the business and is employed for writing letters, handling accounts, maintaining a client list and transferring docs.
- The business office printer takes the text and graphic photos from a pc and transfers it to paper.
- The office shredder is a mechanical device used to cut documents into strips or excellent fragments. Businesses apply shredders to destroy confidential documents.
Key aims and goals of three pieces of employment legislation.
Equal Opportunities Policy
The key goal of the Equal Opportunities Insurance plan is to make sure that every employee, no matter what their problem, is treated equally and not discriminated against.
Discrimination is defined as the treatment of a person in a fewer favourable manner than someone else is, has or could have been treated, on the nine grounds essay outline worksheet the following:
- Marital Status
- Family Status
- Sexual Orientation
- Religious beliefs of lack of religious beliefs
- Race, colour, nationality or ethnic origin
- Membership of the Traveller Community
An employer must be committed to an insurance plan of equal possibilities in occupation. From recruitment to advertising, all employment decisions should be based on merit, capabilities, suitability and qualifications.
Health & Safety Policy
The main aim of medical and Safety Insurance plan is to guarantee the workplace is a secure place for all personnel. In order to prevent ill wellness or injuries in the workplace the employer will need to have a Safety Assertion and perform the following:
- Provide training to employees on health and safety
- Maintain plant and equipment
- Prevent risks from exposure to excessive noise or vibrations
- Provide protective attire where necessary
- Appoint an able person as Safety Officer
- Prevent any inappropriate behaviour which can put employees at risk
The employees likewise have a duty to agree to carry out the next:
- Take care to safeguard the health and security of themselves and others
- Not to be under the influence of drink or drugs
- To undergo any acceptable requests for medical of other assessments
- Not to activate in inappropriate behaviour that could endanger themselves or others
- To report any products defect which could possibly be a danger to health insurance and safety
Minimum Wage Policy
Since 1 January 2017 the national minimum hourly rate for a skilled adult can be £9.25. To estimate the hourly rate, the gross pay is divided by the full total number of hours proved helpful. When calculating the hourly fee the following are not included:
- Overtime premium
- Unsocial hours premium
- Pension contribution
- Call-out premium
- Premium for public holidays and weekends
This legislation does not apply to inexperienced staff or those under 18. The low or sub-premium rates applicable are the following:
Minimum hourly charge of pay
Percentage of minimum wage
Experienced adult worker
Aged under 18
First year from time of first career aged over 18
Second year from time of first employment aged over 18